Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #1501
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, waiting for the box set of I-VI.

    I wonder after Episode III will Lucas get greedy and make preludes to Episode I or will he make anymore after VII, even though after VI the Empire is pretty much gone. Or will he just finally stop? I know he likes to capitalize on the Star Wars name, so who is to say that there will not be another movie after III?

  2. #1502
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    The story after VI is pretty much told and beaten to death with a stick in the novels.

    Seems aot of games are covering up the SW pre/post story also, KotoR, Jedi Academy, Outcast...

  3. #1503
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    True, but I've only read a few of the novels.

    Maybe pre-Star Wars could work, you know telling how they got all this advanced technology.

  4. #1504
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    meh, maybe george will make shadows of the empire, its the story that took place between empire stikes back and return of the jedi

    i read the novel and it was pretty good...

  5. #1505
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Waves British flag* Eeee....Star Ocean 3 is out today.

  6. #1506
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I played that game.

    Don't remember much though.

  7. #1507
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thing is, i hear its not as much fun as most RPG's (like ToS), but its meant to be long and full of Xenosaga-esque cut-scenes. Therefore, im sceptical, yet intrigued; especially since im also considering getting Dark Chronicle and Skies of Arcadia Legends.

  8. #1508
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! i dont like that scnimaesque stuff >< its like the game takes over on the good parts =P SO2 had like 4 cutscenes in the whole game lol

    meh i shoulda known by looking at the trailers.... >_> looked xenoish

  9. #1509
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! I'll be getting the game. I'll wait for xmas since I'm busy with RO now, but I'm definitely buying it. Sounds pretty interesting.

  10. #1510
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, ive just gotten back with my copy of Star Ocean III, and im very impressed so far. It has high quality music, provided by Motoi Sakuraba, a unique and deep real-time battle system, courtesy of Tri-Ace, and the graphics are superbly detailed thanks to Square Enix's high budget and the length of time this was in production for (as well as being delayed many times). As far as my 4 hour play of it qualifies, it has a very good story, and, just as i expected, it uses 80% CG, much like Xenosaga, supplying FMV sparingly.

    I'll write a review of it later, but im getting very "Xeno" vibes from the presentation, budget, music and story so far.
    I also picked up Dark Chronicle, just in case, but i dont think i'll be playing that for a long time...

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •